Houston police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect wanted in at least seven robberies in the north and south Houston areas since October.
The suspect is described only as a black male about 5 feet 8 inches tall, 150 to 170 pounds and has a goatee. In most of the robberies, the suspect wears sunglasses and a baseball cap.
The robbery incidents occurred at the following locations:
- Nani Food Mart ‘ 2103 West 43rd about 3:20 p.m. on Oct. 17
- Aldine Food Store ‘ 195 Aldine Bender about 1140 a.m. on Oct. 20
- Star Stop ‘ 6625 Pinemont about 9:10 p.m. on Oct. 27
- Number 1 Stop ‘ 3419 Irvington about 11:10 p.m. on Nov. 2
- Chevron ‘ 9350 North Freeway about 2:10 a.m. on Nov. 3
- Valero ‘ 730 South Wayside about 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 3
- Shell ‘ 8525 Gulf Freeway about 9:20 a.m. on Nov. 3
In most of the incidents, the suspect enters the stores posing as a customer and asks for cigarette, coffee or other items. The suspect then produces a silver pistol and robs the business at gunpoint. In at least one of the incidents, the suspect assaulted the store clerk. He was last seen in a gold or silver, four-door Lincoln Town Car.
Anyone with information in these case or on the identity of the wanted suspect is urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.